У многих ребят возникли сложности с написанием эссе на данную тему.
BOOKS ARE STILL A BETTER SOURCE OF INFORMATION THAN THE INTERNET
Getting knowledge from books is said to be more beneficial than surfing the Internet.
– Traditional books are more trustworthy than online media because they are usually written by specialists, whereas articles on the Internet can be published by anyone, and they may contain unverified information; – It is easier to use paper books, as they do not need electricity, and one can read them without the necessity to be connected to the Internet.
However, some people doubt the advantages of books over the Internet resources, claiming that in the 21st century traditional books are becoming outdated. Their argument is books’ inconvenience in usage: they are heavy and take a lot of space. To get information from a website you just need any electronic device with the Internet connection.
Though books have some drawbacks, such as their larger size and weight compared to modern gadgets, they have one unquestionable advantage – their simplicity to use and independence from other devices. All you have to do is open a book and find the information you need.
Для тех, кто хочет максимально эффективно подготовиться к ЕГЭ по английскому языку актуальные материалы на 2022 год (с учетом изменений в ЕГЭ):
Представленный материал поможет Вам развить навык правильной аргументации и успешно подготовиться к ЕГЭ по английскому языку в 2021 году. Темы подобраны в соответствии с требованиями Кодификатора ФИПИ и могут оказаться полезными на экзамене.
‘Online shopping will replace traditional shopping in the future’
Some people say, buying goods in the traditional shops will be replaced with shopping on the Internet in some years.
– Online shopping has some advantages for customers over traditional shops. It is more convenient, saves time, provides a wider range of goods; – Owners of online shops have fewer expenses (no rent, no shop assistants).
When shopping online for clothes, it can be a problem
to buy things without trying them on and find out the quality of fabrics.
Besides, you have to wait for goods after ordering, you cannot take them straightaway.
More and more shops have courier
services offering clothes fitting, the process of logistics is improving, and
delivery is getting quicker.
‘It is better for children to grow up in the city’
City life is considered to
be better for children.
– City lifestyle provides a lot of advantages for children (educational establishments, sport facilities, healthcare, entertainment); – Children learn to overcome difficulties in the city and live in the society.
Life in the city is not so good for health compared
to living in the countryside.
More and more cities observe
standards of healthy lifestyle, people try to make life in the city not worse
than in the country from ecological point.
‘One should read about historical sites before sightseeing’
Reading about historical places before visiting them is said to be necessary.
– Learning some facts before will make sightseeing more exciting; – You can skip the guided tour and just enjoy visiting the site on your own.
learnt about the site, you may be not interested in the excursion.
On the contrary, you may ask the guide some questions about the site. You
can remember more of guide’s explanations when already knowing some
information about the historical site you are visiting.
‘Computers cannot replace people’
Some people say that it is impossible to change humans for computers.
– Computers are not so powerful compared to the human brain; – Computers cannot be easily taught unlike humans.
spheres robots are used instead of people because they can do some operations
much better (calculate, perfom precisely and without mistakes).
Though computers are widely applied in some spheres, they cannot replace
people where human emotions, feelings, imagination are needed.
‘Some people object to animal testing’
Animal research has many opponents.
– It is unethical to subject poor creatures to painful procedures; – There are alternatives to animal testing (tests using human cells, studies with human volunteers, etc).
chemicals should be tested to understand their effect on people, and the
easiest way is to test them on animals.
Though it is the easiest way of testing chemicals, more and more
companies refuse it because of animal protection groups’ pressure.
Для тех, кто хочет максимально эффективно подготовиться к ЕГЭ по английскому языку: